Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HALLOWEEN cookie time



If you know me well, you know how much I love this time of year.  I had my Halloween decorations up before October 1st, just because I was so excited.  I own MORE Halloween decorations than Christmas decorations.  If it were up to me....I would have Halloween at the end of every month.  I LOVE IT.  Those of you might remember our senior year at Peach Pit Halloween Party.  What I thought was washable red paint that I splattered all over the walls to look like blood...wasn't so washable the next day.  Ahhhhhhh, good times:)

Anyways, Kevin and I had a baking night the other night and stayed up way too late making cookies, cupcakes and a cake.  I don't know what we were thinking, but sure thought it sounded fun at the time.  No one told me after all that baking, how long it takes to FROST everything.  

Let's just say Kevin is the baker in the family and I am the cook.  He grew up helping his Mom in the kitchen every holiday with all the baked goods for the season.  He even knew how to make the frosting from scratch!  Sorry Jamie and Lisa, I will never be able to bake like you two..but I sure can cook a mean Bolgnese!!! Here's to the BEST time of year, in my book.

No comments: