Thursday, August 26, 2010

ONE of a kind Birthday cake

Yup.. no joke..that's the "beauty" I made
Even Parker's like what the heck is this. And NO I have not let her dig into it yet.....
mmmmmm.but it's good mommy
sugar high
family photo and Parker wiped my face with frosting right as Kev took the pic
I could look at this face ALL day long
I.like.paper.
what's in here?
oooh!

Parker's first rose from her Dad:)
My family.


Ha...had you going....no no no, it is not our dear friend JOAT's cake, but my own "fancy" cake that I made for Parker tonight. Man oh man, did I learn I am a cook...not a baker. Oh well, so the cake looked like Parker had already destroyed it before she touched it, no big deal?

What a great family day together. Parker woke up at 5:30am (an hour and half early), Kev swore it's because she knew it was her birthday. We then played, went for a walk, met Kev for lunch, shopped, napped and then Kev came home. He came home with presents, flowers for our anniversary tomorrow AND...

a ROSE for Parker. He said he wanted to be the first to give her a rose. Wow.

I am a lucky wife and mother.

NOW, back to planning/decorating/cooking, (don't worry, no more baking for me) for Parker's birthday party on Sat.

:)


4 comments:

Salty Mom said...

This was such a sweet post. Love Parker's outfit, your cake and the rose story!

Matt and Teresa said...

Parker's shirt is adorable! I love the cake too! So sweet of Kevin to bring Parker a rose.

SarahDB said...

Adorable! I love the family photo.

Blyth Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Parker! What's up with the cake? I think you bake about as good as I do!