Monday, October 26, 2009

Parker update: the soundless scream


Sweet Parker Lilly had her first round of immunization shots today and boy was she brave. I am going to make this quick as she needs lots of momma cuddling at the moment. The first she winced only a bit and I thought...wow, this is going to go great. Then the second she really thought now this is enough. The last shot, broke my heart. This is where the soundless scream came from. She opened her mouth as to scream and was so mad that no sound came out. It was so sad and bizarre. Then of course the tears came and unconsolable crying for a bit. The nurse was so nice. I kept thinking to myself how much I would hate to have her job, making babies cry all day with her shots.

We are home now and both of us are worn out from the morning. I am happy to say after 6 1/2 days of the flu I am better. My sister flew up from AZ this weekend to visit and sadly left sick. That was one nasty flu monster I had. I call it monster as bug just seems to small.

Hope you are all doing well. Off to cuddle my little patient:)

1 comment:

Erin said...

So happy to hear that you are finally rid of the flu - glad you're feeling better mamma. I can just imagine this silent scream you write of...I'm sure it was the saddest little face you've ever seen on your baby girl. Miss you guys - xoxo