Thursday, May 14, 2009

Obama-thon!!!!


Sooooooo,

I am in Arizona right now celebrating my little sister's graduation from ASU! Get this, do you all remember who spoke at your college graduation? Your probably thinking like me, no. I seriously have no idea and it really didn't matter to me at the time.

After a very long day of flying from Wenatchee, to Seattle, to San Jose (where my plane was cancelled, long story) THEN to Phoenix, I was wisked away from the airport by my dad and dropped off at Sun Devil Stadium to meet up with the rest of my familia. After walking and standing in lines of 25 metal detectotors in 100 degree weather, I was in. Can I just tell you how swollen my ankles were after flying and walking in that weather??? Awe the beauty of pregnancy:)

Now to the juicy part. Oh did I tell you Alice Cooper performed before Obama's entrance to "Schools out for Summer." It. WAS. AWESOME.

We then saw Air Force One fly over the stadium, and I had chills up and down my spine. It was like we could touch the plane. I am at a loss of words to describe Obama's entrance. Visualize flashing cameras, screaming and crying fans, and people of all ages moved beyond belief by his presence. Even the baby boomer crowd, surprisingly was on their feet.

His speech was captivating to say the least and motivating is an understatement. He made you go through all the emotions. He made you want to cry, dream, and stand for something than bigger than yourself.

Here is a clip from last night and a pic of the button that the graduates were wearing. I will post more pics later when I havemore time. We are off to do some more family fun activities. Kev arrives tonight with Fatty (our large cat is relocating to live with my sister).

"Never settle, dream to be something bigger than yourself."

President Barack Obama

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is so awesome that you got to witness that! I was at the gym last night watching Larry King and they mentioned that he was going to be speaking and I totally thought of you - I was going to text you and completely forgot. Hope you're having fun and please tell Obama that I say hi :)