Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rockaway Beach...with the Johnson's and a Lund


Auntie Jibb
She was loving the water!
Deep thoughts...
Loving Auntie Jibb
I want those sunglasses, moments later they were in her mouth.
First steps on the sand...
Kevin joked that we looked like a couple in this photo...
Strolling.
The fam
Kev just let her dip her hands in the water.
Heading down to the water!
LOVE my sippy cup, but still not sure how to get that stuff out of there!
Auntie Jibb and a very tired girl, we had just gotten to the beach house.

Auntie Jibb feeding Parker....
Auntie Jibb with food in hair!

This past weekend we continued our tradition of heading to the Oregon Coast for Memorial Day. We love staying in Rockaway Beach as it is a quiet little town away from all the crowds. It was a special treat this year as my sister Alison was able to fly up and enjoy all the good food, games, beach, and did I say good food of the weekend? Alison, aka Jibb, is the best Auntie a sister could ask for and it makes me very sad we live so far apart. I can tell these two are going to be very close. It was so much fun to see them together, we miss you so much already.

Parker was a fantastic little traveler as usual and it is crazy how mobile she is now. She is crawling everywhere and she loved the beach! I am so happy to be back closer to the Coast....

Hope you all had a great weekend and got a moment to reflect on why Memorial Day is so important. Thank you to all the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our wonderful country.


3 comments:

Erin said...

Parker is growing up so fast!! What a fun weekend for the fam! I agree with Kev, you and Alison do look like a couple in that photo - a really cute couple :) Also, is Kevin's zipper down in the photos of him holding Parker on the beach??
PS My sister rented a house in Rockaway with her girlfriends this past weekend.

Salty Mom said...

Very cute! Looks like fun (:

Blyth Family Blog said...

She is getting SO BIG! Love her cute little faces...she's darling. I also love the "my 2 mom's pic" now that you live in Portland that's okay!!