Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meet Parker Lilly Johnson

Half hour after my water broke!
Kev...aren't we a little early?
Bye Bye Kevin and DeLane...welcome Johnson Family
4:30 am Skib-bo anyone?
Fast forward 32 hours unplanned c-section...IT'S THE JOHNSON FAMILY!
Friday...time to go home.

First ride in her car seat!

It's Sunday and she's all dressed up! 5 days old
Hanging out in her boppy! 6 days old

Ok, Mom enough photos.
I am just too cute!

I cannot find the words to describe this past week in our lives.  I have gone through every emotion, pain, and joy possible with Parker's arrival.

All I can say is that she is SO perfect to us.  I cry as I write this as I feel there is now nothing better in this world than having a baby.  There is a love that is so strong and instantaneous the moment you lay your eyes on them....that I truly believe it is a miracle.  Not to be forgotten or underestimated, has been all the help and support of all our families, friends and especially Kevin.  For nine months I have felt so much love from all our families and friends.  Keep the texts and calls coming too, I promise I will get back to you all! Coupled with this new love for our daughter, we are humbled by everyone's support. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and Kevin, thank you for the being the most amazing husband I could ever ask for.

Even though I had a very unexpected....long and "interesting" 32 hours of labor ending in an unplanned c-section, she is already making me forget all of those scary moments.

No one tells you how hard breast-feeding is either.  So after my roller-coaster labor, she decided to not "take" to me breast feeding.  3 long days of her crying, me crying, and 3 trips back to the hospital she has finally come around.  I was so worried as her weight dropped over a pound in those three days while she refused to eat.  After our doctor's appointment on Monday, we are happy to report she is gaining weight at a healthy pace and is eating!

So everyone, we would like to introduce you to our daughter Parker Lilly Johnson.
Born August 26th at 9:55 am
8.1 lbs
19 3/4 long

Parker, meet everyone:)

Off to change her 4th diaper in a half hour!  Love you all and I will try and keep up on posting pics of our adventures with her

**PS if you want to know more about the labor, call or email and I will share with you.


12 comments:

Matt and Teresa said...

Congragts Johnsons! I can't wait to meet baby Parker. She is so beautiful. I want to hear the rest of the story... what happened with the labor? Please call if you ever need to chat or have any questions. I am so excited for you guys. You are going to love watching Parker grow. Enjoy this special yet difficult time... she will grow fast. Love you!

Courtney said...

She is gorgeous!! As are you! I am SO excited to meet her. We'll talk soon and figure out a time as things calm down for you all. Love the post...made me get all teary as well!

Erin said...

I love this post - you are going to be such an amazing mommy D. She's absolutely beautiful Kevin and Delane!! I can.not.wait to meet her tomorrow night!!

Karen said...

I am so excited for the both of you and for Granny Debbie. Lilly is so beautiful! Darling. You know how to reach me when you need a sitter...

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

AHHH!! CHILLS! Your post was so beautiful D - what a lucky little girl Parker is to have a mommy like you! So happy for you and Kevin - she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Keep the pix coming...xoxox

Michelle said...

Wow. That made me tear up, that was so incredibly sweet :) I am so proud of you and Kev, you are going to be (or already are actually) amazing parents! I cannot wait to get over to Ho-Jo this fall and see her (and you guys too)!!! Love you!

Mandy Kay said...

i almost cried while reading this! what a great post, i'm so so happy for you both, you are a beautiful and loving couple and i know will make the most amazing parents! parker is so perfect, and will be extremely loved! xo

congrats to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Johnson family! You look amazing after the day you had and your daughter is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys and cant wait to meet her.

Kris said...

Congratulations to the new & expanded Johnson family! I am so happy for both of you. Parker is absolutely beautiful!!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! She is perfect, she doesn't look like a new born at all, she's beautiful! Hope you guys are getting into some sort of a groove...yeah right!

sillynicolegirl said...

Congrats from the Millers! She is so cute! Glad all is going well :)
Love,
Nicole and Nancy

Lyndsy said...

Congratulations to the Johnson family! Parker is such a beautiful baby and I am just so happy for you and Kevin. I am glad baby is healthy, gorgeous and taking to breast feeding now! Lots of love to all three of you!