Saturday, November 8, 2008

OverDUE Halloween Costumes Part 2

NIGHT...the dead arrive....

NIGHT Costume #2


DAY costume #1
I think we were a little too scary looking this year...especially compared to our friends at the Halloween party.  We had an awesome night though, and by far won the "scariest costume" award.

Before the party, we enjoyed EASILY close to 200 kids trick or treating.  If you were wondering, yes we were in costume and some of us (Kevin) was even in character:).  We scared a few, but all in good fun of course. 

We spent $150 bucks on candy this year and were wiped out by 7:30.  I was even handing out Kevin's fruit roll-ups for his lunches.  After we shut off our lights and closed the blinds....our doorbell still rang.

I really cannot explain the mayhem that ensues on Halloween night in this neighborhood.  Everyone brings their kids into our development and it is just crazy.  Cars and party buses for parents...clogged our street for hours while kids ran from door to door.  At one point, I just stood in our doorway for a half hour with the door open as kids lined up. 

I SHOULD have taken pictures of that.  Anyways...only 346 days until my favorite holiday comes back around.  

In case anyone was counting..... :)

1 comment:

Lacey Lichi said...

Well done on the costumes! Cracking me up. I can't believe that you spent that much on CANDY. Were the children at least polite? A few years ago we had crazy caravans of parents and kids. The parents would hold out THEIR bags, nobody would say thank you and they would all go pile back in a car. The next year half of the neighborhood was dark because people just didn't want to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween. I just wish that parents would teach their kids, and learn themselves, some manners!