Friday, December 3, 2010

The history of "ow" according to Parker...and 15 month stats

Thanksgiving morning "cheese" face. I.Love.Her.So.Much.


Well we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law in town. Ate way too much and did lots of Christmas decorating at our house and the practice.

Big news though is that Parker had her 15 month check-up this past week. Before I get to her stats, I have to tell you a quick story...

So Parker, knock on wood, has never really been hurt. She has the occasional trips and tumbles like any other kid. However two weeks ago, turns out fear mixed with pain can leave a lasting impression on a child. So we went to see a photographer to get family photos and afterwards we went back to her amazing studio to preview the photos. Her studio, I would imagine is any photographers dream. 40 foot ceilings with paintings, photos and props everywhere.

It happened fast. Parker tripped, fell into an easel holding a 6 x 6 foot painting with a HUGE elaborate frame. I was at a desk too far away, and Kev was close enough to get to her right after the frame hit her in the head. I WAS HORRIFIED. She held her breath till her lips turned blue and than let out a scream like I'd NEVER heard. I immediately checked her head and was consoling her when all of a sudden she just stopped crying and kept patting her head and going "ow." We were shocked she recovered so fast, it was literally a minute. My photographer said she thinks the painting floated on it's way down and more scared her than hurt her. She said if it had hit her right on, she would have been seriously injured.

So anyways, anytime she falls now or something hurts, she pats her head and says "ow" as she associates pain with that moment. Crazy, huh? This includes getting her shots. Right after her shots I picked her up, she cried for maybe 30 seconds than patted her head and said "ow."

Children are amazing. Just had to share this little story:)

Sooooo, onto her stats. Drum roll please!!

Parker has consistently been in the 5-10 percentile across the board since she was born.
But this visit, she has jumped to 50 % in height and 20% in weight!

Hey, every little bit counts right?? Wahoo!

Off to pack for a fun crafting weekend in Longview at Teresa's with the girls and then Sunday, we will be attending my FIRST Seahawks game! Well really, my first ever NFL game. Thanks to Lisa:)

Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Marge said...

Parker is soooo cute I cant stand it!!! I miss her. cant wait to see you guys. xo

Erin said...

oh that story is so sad! So happy to hear that the injury wasn't something more serious. Her little cheese smile is so adorable!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Oh she's so smart!! That's a great memory for a 15 month old...too cute! She really is just darling! I can't wait to see your family photos!!!