Monday, March 30, 2009

SPRING cleaning & making room for Baby Johnson

So I think I have finally caught the "nesting bug" everyone has been telling me about.  They say you get the "bug" early on in your pregnancy.  Well this bug is ferocious and had me in PROJECT mode this weekend.  Kevin was wondering what got into me.  

No joke, in my head I completely redid and reorganized our 4 other bedrooms from baby room to guest spare rooms.  This included the shifting of multiple pieces of furniture from one floor to the other, painting, buying new bedding(s) and decorative pieces.

So when I laid out this exhaustive plan, Kevin's eye's just about popped out if his head because I wanted to do it all in one weekend. 

The result (I will post pics of the spare rooms) three spare rooms DONE.  They look so wonderful!!!  And the baby room is empty and ready for his/her little furniture to arrive.  We have the crib and changing table on the way in Antique White!  I picked this crib because of the functionality.  It is a convertible bed that turns from a crib, to toddler bed, to a full size headboard for a normal bed.  It wasn't my favorite design, but I loved how much use we could get out of it.  It is still cute and I love it in white. Next is the dresser and eco glider/ottman.  I am in love with this chair...

We also selected the colors for the baby room and wainscoting design. Those are a secret for now.  GETTING SO excited for April 10th to find out what we are having!

Lastly, I promise to post some "bump" pics.  I have been so BAD about taking pics of me through the pregnancy.  I will be better.

Happy Spring to you all!


3 comments:

Stacie said...

LOVE all of the furniture you picked out!! Great stuff!! You two have been busy, busy! Nesting has definitely set in!! Nice work D!! XO

Sandy said...

Hauling means getting rid of things that are not usable anymore. You can hire some hauling services to do the job for you. This would really help getting those messy stuffs around your yard to have more clean property to live in.

Deborah said...

You did a great job with the baby room planning,very inspiring.You really winded that up over the weekend?Im sure the crib and changing table must be looking as cute as in your head!Cheers!